Sunday, January 1, 2012

The Care and Keeping of Your Manbeast When You're Away

There are times my fellow knitter that you may have to venture out of the house for a night or two. There are things like knit night, knitting retreats, knitting conventions and other very important events that might make us leave our husbands, boyfriends and significant others on their own for an evening.

These times I feel it is best to stock the house with the basics so that they will not do things that might lead to them ordering pizza and trying to eat all of it to be rid of the evidence, causing them to hurt themselves when they become overstuffed.

One of my favorite things to leave is Shepard's Pie and with the holidays just past I have most of the makings on hand.

Leftover Ingredients:

Mashed Potatoes
Gravy
Vegetables
1 lb Roast Beef
Optional: Shredded Cheese

1. Cut roast beef into small cubes and place into the bottom of a  2 1/2 qt casserole dish
2. Mix in vegetables and gravy
3. Top off with warm mashed potatoes spread evenly over mixture. Sprinkle shredded cheese on top if desired
4. With lid on the casserole dish bake for 1 hour at 350°F.

Before the addition of potatoes

My man loves cheese












Tomorrow afternoon I'll be leaving for a night of Mongolian Hot Pot with Anna and my friends then a day of museums on Tuesday. This means leaving Ben on his own for 2 dinners and I know that if I leave him to his own devices that he'll be eating frozen burritos till he bursts.

I hope you and your family enjoy this recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment