Monday, December 5, 2011

Just keep swimming

This morning I woke up with a bad headache, but I'm lucky to have such a wonderful man, because when he came home for lunch he got me a cup of tea and after it I was able to slowly get out of bed and start the day.

I leave for Colorado on Thursday morning and I have tons to do between now and then.

First I started the pork cooking for tamales. As some of you might heard this last week we're had wind storms and my grandmother, who lives in the mountains, was without power from Wednesday till yesterday, her road is blocked and she's out of "everything" as she puts it. So I'm making the tamales to take to her tomorrow morning when the road is hopefully clear, or I'm going to be taking a very long hike uphill to make sure she gets these.

I'm knitting a hat and a glove today as well and tomorrow an entire pair of slippers! Don't you just love holiday knitting schedules?

While I knit I'm going to bake Pumpkin bread today. Phat Fibers is having an open studio of sorts where every participant is offering a recipe for free in their shop.

Here is my Pumpkin Bread recipe:



There are also many other yummy looking items like:
Christmas Cheese Balls from the Tomorrow Farm

Butternut Squash, Barley and Kale Stew from the Phat Fiber lady herself
Holiday Studio Tour Butternut Squash, Barley and Kale Stew Recipe

Corn Chowder from Real Life Knits
Holiday Studio Tour - Corn Chowder Recipe


No comments:

Post a Comment