Wednesday, March 21, 2012

WIPs Wednesday

Its been a while since I did one of these so I thought I'd share two things I'm up to!

First is I'm hoping to finish up my Holden Shawl today:




As of writing this I have about 6 more rows to go!


I'm also back at the sewing machine working on some new products for the store:


Interesting fact about what your seeing going on is that all this fabric is scraps and small sample fabrics I've had accumulating over time. I'm rather big on using up things to their max (as attested by the even smaller scraps that will be made into a quilt one day).

By using things to their fullest I can not only be greener but I can keep costs and prices down. My base items (aka the things that get made out of an item first) absorb most of my costs and then its up my creative abilities to figure out how best to use the remainder to make sure that there is very little waste.

What can I say?

I'm from Santa Cruz, CA

No comments:

Post a Comment