Thursday, March 29, 2012

Just another day in the neighborhood

Sometimes I have to wonder what my neighbors think of me.

On one side of our house there is Vicky and she knows I work from home. However, my mailman, UPS guy and other neighbors rarely talk to me and I'm beginning to think it has to do with the fact that just about every time I go to check the mail or make a quick run to the car I'm in yoga pants or pajama pants. It also does not help that I sometimes check the mail 3 times a day when I'm waiting for a package and we don't get mail everyday. 

When I'm outside I know my neighbors see me and they know I see them, but there is this awkward try not to meet each other's eyes because every time I've waved at them they get tense.

There are times I just want to explain to these neighbors that I work from home and that one of my goals in life was to be able to work in my pajamas (and drink tea where ever I want). Vicky gets it and thinks its great that I get to be my own boss and I have to ability to take care of the house, cook, and be creative on my schedule. But the very prim and proper lady two houses up sometimes meets me at the mail box and gives me the look like "I can't believe you stepped out of the house like that." 

After a year of living here this is what I have gathered:

Lady 2 houses up is too polite to suggest that I dress to the fullest everyday
Vicky is sweet and thinks that the yarn and bag making is really great for someone my age
The people on the other side of us are most likely just wondering when Ben and I will move
I'm not sure if there are people on the other side of Vicky as I rarely see anyone going in or out
The people on the corner are up to no good and make it so that all our cars are not the worst thing here

Since Ben and I live on a street that has houses on one side and fenced off backyards on the other we don't have to worry about anymore drama then what we have with our 6 houses here.

Vicky is the only on that gets cookies at Christmas. I think everyone else would be weirded out by them

No comments:

Post a Comment