Wednesday, June 29, 2011

A March of Projects

Last night was knit night at Fin's coffee and since it was pouring rain everyone was bundled up.

You see, though its the end of June and I live in Santa Cruz, CA, land of the surfers, beach goers and liberals, it rains here at the most random times. It also snows every year for a about a day and when I was in high school it was tradition to ditch on that day and go down to the beach with coffee and watch it snow.

Now that I'm older, and have lived in snow, I learned that I'd rather be inside drinking something warm and watching it rain while I knit. Which is how these all got brought out for show and tell.

These are my second pair of mittens that are perfect in the thumb but too big in the hand (and the first where too big in the thumb and too small in the hand):
They are made from one strand of Isager Strik Alpaca 2 and one strand of Madelinetosh Tosh Merino Light held together using the Basic Four Needle Mittens - Super Fine by Patons pattern. They are the softest mittens I have ever made.

Then there is the Celtic Cable Neckwarmer that I had read I could make with one skein of Berroco Jasper. That was a lie because I needed to knit 2 more inches and the button band when I ran out of yarn and it had been discontinued. It took me 6 months to track down another ball of it in someone's stash that was willing to sell it to me. I have to finish it this year because I always imagine myself wearing it while my folks and I pick out our pumpkins for Halloween.

Many people showed finished works and I was a moron and forgot to take pictures of all but Clare's shawl:
Claire is wonderful and so enthusiastic about yarn that I want to be her when I grow up. She is coming over with Penny (who has such great sass) on Sunday to dye yarn.

So last night I felt blessed. I had my cake and tea while knitting on my Reunion cowl surrounded by friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment