Friday, June 24, 2011

Ready to Bloom

Back in February I got to go to one of my favorite places in the world. My grandmother Sue's house.

Now I have 6 grandmothers, and the thing that makes Sue's house so special is what I get to do when my parents and I visit.

We try at least 3 places to eat each time (lunch, dessert and a snack to take on the road back), we go see local wild life, visit farms and sheep, go to the Knitterly, and we always stop at the Baker Creek Heirloom Seed Bank.

I love going to the seed bank to pick up the seeds I'll plant for the spring and summer. Last year Anna and I had loads of heirloom tomatoes. This year I moved in with Ben and we only have a small flower patch in the front yard and I planted sweat peas and morning glories. Ever since I planted them I've been checking them daily to see how they are and yesterday morning I was overjoyed to see:



It is really that pink and one of my sweet peas is getting ready to bloom yellow. I also have a hydrangea bush that is giving me lovely flowers to place around the house:


The flowers seem to be wishing everyone a happy summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment