Thursday, May 17, 2012

Its Been a Week

7 hours ago I was just sitting here staring at the blank page and wondering what to say. Where do I  start? What shall I include and what shall I exclude?

This week has been one of the busiest I can remember in a long time. 

It started off on a good foot with my getting the summer job at the Monterey Bay Aquarium on Monday. That was also the day I got my fabric order and then realized I had 1 week to make 50 bags, including the new large style ones.


I'm not sure about you but I love pockets. The new large bags have 5 pockets total, 2 of which fit 4 oz yarn cakes.











It's also huge on the inside. When taking the photos I used 20 oz of yarn to stuff it and it was only half full. The outside dimensions are approximately 5” deep x 13” tall x 12” wide at top.






I also have a new line of bags that you'll start seeing to support some wonderful causes like this one:


Though these new bags take me a longer to make they are for a good cause. For each one I sell $5 will be donated to Doctors Without Borders as part of Knitters Without Borders. Here is a map of where DWB is currently and you can click on any part of the world and find out about what they are doing there:
View MSF Activity Report 2010 in a larger map



My very modest goal is to raise $100 by the end of July. If you look at the top of the blog to the left you will see a new progress bar for how close I am to this goal!

I’ll be giving away the bag on the right for May's giveaway and I'm also opening up this month's giveaway to people that have already bought bags. If you have bought a bag in the past post a picture of it in use here and list one of your favorite things about it. One photo entry per person.

As usual the regular way to enter is to make a purchase! Every item you buy in May will be one entry and on the first of June I will announce the winner!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the job!!! WOOT!! jobs are good, and that sounds like a FUN one! ;)

    ReplyDelete